Design Brief for Libraries Wales Logo Competition
The Libraries Wales website has been created and designed as part of the Welsh Government’s support for libraries. It is a ‘one stop portal’ for libraries in Wales – you can get information about what’s happening in libraries, browse a wide range of online resources, locate your nearest library & join online, find out about initiatives supporting health, teens, children & families, join a reading group, use the enquiry service and more.
A logo was created for the website in 2015, which is now felt to be slightly ‘dated’, so we would like a new more modern logo to complement the recently redesigned libraries.wales website, and to coincide with the introduction of a new LMS (Library Management System) App, PORI, and it’s new logo.
The new logo should be vibrant and easily recognisable, reflecting the aim of the existing Universal Library Offers to connect communities, improve wellbeing and promote equality through learning, literacy and cultural activity.
- Culture and Creativity
- Health and Wellbeing
- Information and Digital
Goals and objectives of the new design
We would like to change the current ‘Welsh Libraries’ logo wording to ‘Libraries Wales’. The Welsh wording ‘Llyfrgelloedd Cymru’ will remain the same.
We have recently changed the handles on the English-language Twitter and Facebook sites to reflect a more unified brand name in ‘Libraries Wales.’ We still require the wording ‘Get More From Your Library’ (English) / ‘Cael Mwy o’ch Llyfrgell’ (Welsh) as appears with versions of the original logo.
The new logo will need to complement & enhance the current website:
The new logo will also appear on the following social media sites:
- Facebook @librarieswales @llyfrgelloeddcymru
- Twitter @LibrariesWales & @LlyfrgellCymru
- Instagram @librarieswales
& will also appear on promotional posters e.g. Author of the Month, Teen Blog etc.
The current versions of the logo can be viewed on the Staff Toolkit section of the website, where the new logos will also become available.
Our target audience includes anyone wishing to find out more about library services across Wales, including the Digital Resources and new features such as ‘Author of the Month’ and ‘Teen Blog’. Users will also visit the website to find out about initiatives that promote engagement with libraries, literacy and reading in Wales.
Budget and schedule
The Competition will be launched officially during Libraries Week (4-10 October 2021), and entries will be accepted from 4 October 2021. The competition will close Monday 17 January 2022, and the winner announced on or before 31 January 2022.
All entrants must be current registered students in a Welsh College / University, and must be aged 18 or over. One competition entry only per person will be accepted.
The winning entry will receive a £500 Amazon voucher.
We would require the following versions of the logo in PDF, JPEG & PNG format. They must be suitable for use on a website, promotional literature, as a letter head, on an App and on social media accounts.
- All wording English-only.
- All wording Welsh-only.
- Bilingual wording Llyfrgelloedd Cymru / Libraries Wales – the Welsh language must appear on top / first.
- Square simplified logo without wording that could appear on Apps, posters etc.
- Black & white versions of the above
Please send your competition entry to firstname.lastname@example.org
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Participation in the competition is subject to the following terms and conditions. Information is also included on how to enter and the prizes available. By submitting an entry, you are indicating that you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. Only entries that comply with these terms and conditions will be considered valid and eligible to win.
- The competition is being hosted by Libraries Wales, under the supervision of the National Digital Library Programme, The National Library of Wales, Aberystwyth, Ceredigion. SY23 3BU. Contact: email@example.com / 01970 632895
- For your entry to be valid, you must complete the online submission form https://forms.office.com/r/TkXqdzGsTJ and email your final logo designs to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The competition commences at 10:00am on the 4/10/2021 and ends at 5:00pm on 17/01/2022.
- We take no responsibility for entries not received for whatever reason.
- The winner will be announced by 31stJanuary 2022 and we will contact the winner via the contact details provided on the submission. We will not contact the winner via any other means.
- All entries welcomed in Welsh or English.
- You are eligible to enter the competition if you are:
8.1. Aged 18 and over on or before the closing date of the competition, namely 17/1/22.
8.2. A part time or full time student in Further or Higher Education in Wales.
- Entries must be entirely your own original work and must not breach or be in violation of any copyright or other rights of third parties. We will not be in any way liable for any non-original work submitted by you and you agree to indemnify and hold Libraries Wales harmless from any such claim. All entries must be suitable for publication on the Libraries Wales website and for public viewing. The design must not include any defamatory, offensive or unlawful content.
- By submitting a design to this competition, you further agree that if your entry is selected as the winning entry, you are assigning your entire right title and interest in your design to Libraries Wales and you will not be entitled to receive any royalties or other consideration, now or in the future, for such assignment other than the contest prize set forth in the terms and conditions. In such case, Libraries Wales will own your design and will have the exclusive right to use your design on a worldwide and exclusive basis in perpetuity, including the right to use the design for promotional purposes and any other use or purpose. If you are not selected as the winner, ownership of your design and all intellectual property rights in such design will revert back to you. By submitting a design you agree to these terms and conditions, but if your design is not the winning entry, this shall be null and void and of no effect.
- We maintain the right to further develop your design to suit the brand if required.
- Only one design per applicant will be accepted.
- The prize is a voucher of your choice to the value of £500.
- The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and is not redeemable for other prizes.
- We reserve the right to substitute the prize for another of equivalent value in the event that the original prize offered is not available.
- Libraries Wales’ decision is final and binding.
- The following personal information will be collected as part of this process:
- Contact telephone number
- Email address
- College/University details
- By submitting an entry, entrants agree that any personal information provided with the entry may be held and used by Libraries Wales during the period of the competition.
- By entering the competition, the winner acknowledges they may be required to participate in publicity relating to the competition. Such publicity may include, without limitation, the entrants name, place of education and/or, statements made by the entrants concerning the competition and/or prizes and photographs/video taken/created as part of the competition
- Any collected information will only be shared with the Project board (consisting of 4 members). This information is necessary in order to make contact with individuals entering the competition. We will retain this information until the winner of the competition has been announced, at which point, we will dispose of any and all personal data collected.
- All personal data of entrants who are not winners will be destroyed promptly after this competition has ended and their personal details will not be used for any promotional or marketing purposes relating to this competition.